Saturday, June 21, 2014

Welcome Debi!

Click HERE for our current challenge!

Hi everyone! I've popped in this morning to introduce our newest DT member, Debi, who will begin creating with us in LTSCB #33, our next challenge that will launch on July 7th! Debi is a super talented designer and we're stoked that she has joined our team! Check out her creations on her blog That Might Look Good on a Card.

Without further ado, heeeeeere's Debi...



Hi!  My name is Debi and I am so excited to be joining the wonderful Design Team here at Love to Scrap.  My DH and I are both retired and live in SE Pennsylvania.  We have 2 grown children, 5 grandchildren and beautiful great granddaughter who was born in February.  I am a very young great-nana!  If you follow my blog, you'll see pictures of Laila now and then.

One Saturday, almost 5 years ago, I went to a local Christmas Bazaar and Craft show.   A woman had the most beautiful display of handmade cards. There was one card in particular, with an origami folded Christmas tree, that I just loved. When I asked the price, she said they weren't for sale but she was having a workshop and I could come and learn how to make all the cards displayed. I quickly discovered not only what a fun hobby stamping is, but I also found a whole group of new friends and wonderful people who love stamping and papercrafting as much as I do. 


Mostly, I make cards with an occasional odd project, especially when my grandsons are here.  I am intrigued by different techniques and folds, love embossing folders and fussy cutting.  Many of my cards are donated to Operation Write Home and Send a Smile 4 Kids. You might find me at an Heirloom or Stamp Scrap Art Tour stamping show teaching the Make n Takes at a friend's CTMH booth, which I thoroughly enjoy.  It's so much fun meeting fellow stampers and exchanging tips and tricks.   I also teach occasional classes for a group of Red Hatters - feathers, bling and tons of fun!  I am currently on the DT at Tuesday Throwdown, and previously served on the DT at Sparkle N Sprinkle.  I also enjoy crocheting and baking, so don't be surprised to see some of those projects on my blog, too.



Welcome aboard, Debi! Again, we're so happy you've joined our team and look forward to lots of fun crafting together!

Hugs,
Leslie & the DT

4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congrats to Debi!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Welcome aboard Ms Debi!!

Shuly said...

so great to have you with us Debi!!! what a beautiful family you have!! and so many talents! i long to see your creations! baking crochet and craft!!

New Creations said...

Congrats Debi!!! I just saw while visiting this blog!!!